al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU)
Al-Farabi Kazakh National University (KazNU) is a university rich in traditions having long-term experience in educational and scientific work. The university has a huge educational, scientific, spiritual, educational, innovative and productive potential, which is aimed at training highly qualified specialists, further integration into the world educational space, and development of fundamental and applied research, and their introduction into production.
According to the results of the study of the international rating agency QS (Great Britain), KazNU entered the top 250 universities in 2017, ranked 236th among the 800 best world universities. KazNU heads the global hub of the United Nations Academic Impact on sustainable development issues. KazNU entered the top 200 "environmentally friendly" universities of the world according to the UI Green Metric Ranking of World Universities - 2016, which indicates the high achievements and huge potential of the university in "green development". According to the study by GreatValueColleges, KazNU became one of the 50 most technologically advanced universities in the world, ranking 31 in the rating.
KazNU today is an educational and scientific complex that includes 15 faculties, 63 departments, 20 research institutes and centers, a technopark, and a medical and biological cluster. More than 20 thousand students study in the university on a multi-level system of higher professional education. KazNU cooperates with 418 largest international universities of the world to implement joint international training programs, exchange of students and internships.
Mission Formation of personnel potential via highly qualified specialists competitive in the domestic and international labor market.
- Enter the top 200 leading research universities in the world
- Transformation of the National Classical University into a world-class research university
- Improve the quality of educational activities
- Develop and improve the quality of research and innovation
- Expand international cooperation
- Improve educational and social work, involving youth in the country's social-and-economic development
- Develop the infrastructure and implement the latest information technologies.